In order to give users more rapid and current responses, OpenAI plans to integrate Bing as the ChatGPT’s default search engine. Prior to becoming accessible to all free users via a ChatGPT plug-in, this feature will initially only be offered to ChatGPT Plus users. The action, which comes after Microsoft’s large investment in OpenAI, is considered as a win for Bing, especially in light of Samsung’s recent choice to keep Google as its default search engine.
- 🤖 OpenAI is implementing Bing as the default search engine for ChatGPT.
- 📅 The new search functionality is being initially released to ChatGPT Plus users and will soon be made available to all free users through a ChatGPT plug-in.
- 🤝 Yusuf Mehdi, Microsoft’s head of consumer marketing, lauds the partnership with OpenAI as foundational to the development of the new Bing.
- 🌐 The enhanced ChatGPT will be able to provide more up-to-date responses by leveraging web data and search capabilities.
- 🏆 Bing’s integration into ChatGPT is seen as a significant win for Microsoft, especially following Samsung’s recent choice to continue using Google.
- 💰 This move follows Microsoft’s “multibillion-dollar investment” in OpenAI earlier this year, further cementing the relationship between the two entities.
- 🔌 Microsoft also commits to using the same open plug-in standard as OpenAI in ChatGPT, allowing for interoperability between plug-ins for Bing Chat, Microsoft’s Copilot platform, and ChatGPT.