For its voice assistant Alexa, Amazon is apparently working on new AI chatbot technology using an internal large language model (LLM) called the Alexa Teacher Model. This will supposedly make Alexa more proactive, conversational, and able to provide tales and recommendations. The exposed docs demonstrate how Amazon intends for Alexa to be more than just a database search engine.
- Using an internally created large language model (LLM) called the Alexa Teacher Model, Amazon is creating new AI chatbot technology for its voice assistant Alexa.
- The LLM will improve Alexa’s proactive, conversational, and story- and recommendation-generating abilities.
- Following an eight-year-old’s request for a bedtime story about a “cat and a moon,” Alexa creates one and uses an Echo Show camera to include an Olaf toy character. For its new AI chatbot technology, Amazon is looking at partnering prospects with organizations like Disney and Lego.
- The exposed docs demonstrate how Amazon intends for Alexa to be more than just a database search engine.
- Plans to revive Alexa follow the company’s recent huge layoffs, which reportedly impacted up to 2,000 employees in the division responsible for such things as the Alexa voice assistant and Amazon’s hardware. According to reports, Amazon is developing bigger, more powerful LLMs that will enable Alexa to be significantly more chatty and proactive.